Known for being able to craft a well-oiled content marketing and social media machine, Amy Higgins excels at creating memorable content that increases brand awareness and generates quality leads. With close to a decade of experience in the tech industry, Amy enjoys working with mid-sized companies like Zendesk to larger companies like Google and Concur. When she’s not online, you can find her at the opera, hiking the tallest mountain, or on the hunt for the latest foodie craze.
Please feel free to connect if we have met online or in real life. I’m always open for unexpected surprises!
Specialties: Content Marketing Strategy, Social Media Optimization, SEO, Influencer Marketing, Demand Gen, Community Engagement, PR, Events, and Customer Service
2017 - Present
Account Manager / TopRank Marketing
TopRank Marketing is a nationally recognized digital marketing agency working with companies across North America. The team at TopRank has deep experience consulting with mid-market to Fortune 500 companies over the past 13 years implementing integrated Search, Social Media, and Content Marketing programs to attract, engage, convert and retain more business.
* Manage a team of experts - SEO, Paid Media, Social, Content, and Design to create amazing content campaigns for our clients. * Campaigns range from awareness to demand gen - specializing in influencer marketing * Responsible for generating campaigns with over a 15% conversion rate within first 30 days and exceeding clients' MQL goals * Clients include Oracle, SAP, BMC, State Farm, Traackr, and LinkedIn
Acquired by Peek. ZOZI Advance's online reservation, payment and customer management software used by thousands of tour and activity businesses across nearly 90 countries.
* Created demand gen content, helping to increase MQLs 20% MOM * Owned and managed the B2B blog, implementing SEO, increased views by 65% QOQ * Managed the social team to increase B2B engagement * Managed creation of customer stories and case studies
Marketing Director/ Consultant / Deem, Inc.
Deem provides technology solutions that help today’s fastest growing companies improve spend management and increase employee efficiency. Deem’s all-in-one platforms for employee spend management, procurement professionals, and ground transportation operators enable thousands of companies to save millions of dollars and countless employee hours each year. Deem is backed by leading mutual fund and private equity investors. Deem’s headquarters are located in San Francisco, CA
* Directed demand gen campaigns, yielding 400%+ over MQL quarter goals * Directed social media team, yielding steady 21% MOM growth * Redesigned blog - both in design and SEO - increasing views by 90% within 90 days * Managed and directed both in-house and external writers for demand generation content * Managed and directed in-house design team and agencies * Managed PR team * Worked closely with Product Marketing team to produce Sales Enablement content and program
Head of Social Media / Zendesk
* Managed over a dozen social media teams on a global scale * Coordinated global integrated campaigns to increase social media reach and brand awareness * Worked with global field marketing to increase reach, attendance, and engagement at events * Built and managed an internal social advocacy program for all departments * Continually worked with the global support team to improve customer service through social media
Sr. Manager, Content Marketing & Social Media / Concur Technologies
* Developed, implemented and optimized content strategy; emphasis on global optimization, lead generation, personas, influencers and customer centric content for SMB * Managed demand gen to help increase MQLs through ABM (Account Based Marketing), 100% of goal reached 1/3 way into the campaign * Designed and managed editorial calendar with third party agencies, paid bloggers and global team to drive awareness through integrated campaigns, 203% YOY growth * Increased blog traffic by 2000% (page views) in first three months, with 50% unique visitors * Grew social channels, including Google+, Twitter and Facebook, by 17% (audience growth) while maintaining 7% engagement rate with over 50% of audience engaged in first 90 days * Developed influencer program to increase audience share * Oversaw budgets on content and social promotions * Spearheaded social selling program, ensuring internal participation
BRAVO! Board Member / San Francisco Opera
The San Francisco Opera's BRAVO! CLUB (B!C) is a young professionals group (ages 21-40) dedicated to cultivating new generations of opera lovers in the Bay Area through social, educational and volunteer experiences.
* Marketing Chair (2012-13) * Secretary (2012) * Volunteer Chair (2011) * Social Media Co-chair (2011)
Community Manager, Google Local / Google
Google Local was built to help people discover great places with reviews from people in your circles. You'll see their recommendations all across Google, including Google+, Search, and Maps. As Community Manager for the Bay Area, I worked on creating and empowering users.
* Developed and executed content and social media strategy for Google+ Local in the Bay Area * Coordinated campaigns, both internal and external, to optimize social media channels * Cultivated a strong local community both on and offline by producing weekly activities and events * Acquired and developed partnerships to drive product adoption and community building including SF Travel, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco and Westfield Mall * Hired and managed outside personnel for large scale events and activities
Social Media, Community and PR Manager / GOGII, inc., makers of textPlus
Located in Silicon Beach, the Southern California tech hub, textPlus is a disruptive mobile communications service that lets anyone text, talk and share for free or cheaply.
* Optimization of social media strategy * Grew fan and follower base over 100% in one year; grew engagement over 1100% on Facebook, 400% on Twitter and 1800% on Pinterest in just 6 months. * Ran PR and consumer outreach programs with an average of over 2M impressions per event * Produced and executed mobile surveys and contests- resulting in product development, partnership goals, and increased in app engagement and retention with featured stories in Techcrunch, VentureBeat, GigaOm, Financial Times, The Today Show, USA Today and ABC News Radio, etc... * Fully redesigned customer service via social media- resulting in 50% less tickets and over 56% increase in response time.
Social Media and Business Development / SF New Tech
SF New Tech is the Bay Area’s largest, longest-running, and most-loved monthly technology event and networking mixer for people who can’t get enough of technology. Start-ups have the opportunity to show off what they’ve been working on in front of a room full of people who actually care —developers, investors and media.
* Event promotion and PR * Live event broadcasting * Sponsorship and vendor business development * Community management
Event team / Women 2.0
Women 2.0 is the world’s largest community-driven media brand designed for the next generation of technology leaders. Women 2.0 creates content, community and events for aspiring and current innovators in technology. We produced monthly membership events as well as our annual event built to help women in tech build and grow their endeavors.
Product Specialist and Community Manager / Stanzr
Evangelist / Media Funnel
• Community event specialist • Drive community involvement by increasing product awareness • Engage structured feedback to help improve product and support adoption goals
Social Media Team / midVentures
* Live social media broadcasting for the Data 2.0 Conference http://data2con.com/
Social Media Team / TEDxSFED
* Produced social media strategy; including live broadcasting, promotions and user content Follow up of event: http://bit.ly/hAj64Y
As a small outdoor apparel company in SF, TAD Gear supports outdoor enthusiasts ranging from urban explores and back country adventures to those who are protecting our nation.
• Developed marketing strategies; social media, direct marketing, events, sponsorships and PR • Enhanced social media to fuel revenue growth by 50% per ¼, continually identifying new key consumer metrics • Discovered and managed key sponsorships; helping to create brand awareness, content creation, and consumer insight • Designed new pricing based on brand’s history and competitive offerings • Created and distributed content on a regular basis; e-blasts, press releases and promotions
Senior Apparel Manager / Scuderia West
• Strengthened ROI and product mix based on consumer needs and competitor offerings • Forecasted departmental purchases and assessed sales goals; 220% annual key account growth • Increased customer loyalty by analyzing customer inquiries; managed team for customer support • Supervised, trained, and evaluated personnel • Designed employee incentive programs to boost sales performance and shrink reduction; resulting in an annual 33% sales increase • Developed marketing strategies with print, social media, community involvement, and customer up-sells
Social Media Marketing Consultant / UC BerkeleyExtensions
• Determined objectives and goals to drive adoption of new social media programs • Developed long-term social media marketing strategy; clarified deadlines and benchmarks along with personnel and budget needed • Designed, conducted, and analyzed surveys • Utilized SEO to increase web traffic and generate maximum exposure • Recommended changes to reinforce brand management • Illustrated project feedback analysis guidelines to monitor success for project expansion within educational funding
I’m so thrilled about SXSW this year! As my departure to the big ol’ Texas gets closer, my excitement grows as big as some of the Texas hair-dos. I might even need to dye my hair blonde and buy a bunch of hair spray just to make sure I fit in! J/K
All hair-dos aside, our party Friday night is going to ROCK! textPlus is sponsoring the State of Now party that is hosted by Jeff Pulver #140conf. Plus, we’ll have the awesome guys from Card Flick co-sponsoring the party, and sushi from Roll on Sushi! But wait….there’s more!
We’ll be doing some nifty things at the party to help everyone network and get to know each other. No wall flowers allowed at this party. I’ve created a State Of Now community on textPlus to help us all network- before, during, and after the party. Make sure to download textPlus and join the community to join in all the fun.
Don’t forget to download Card Flick too. It’s a great app to digitally share your cards- no more piles of paper cards! Yippee!! In fact, the guys at Card Flick are making our textPlus cards right now. I can’t wait to see them Flicked at everyone. (Ok- that sounded wrong)
And…I’m not done yet. We’ll be trying out Slide Chute for the party too. They just launched their beta this week. Every photo that is tweeted, insta-shared or flickered at the party using our hashtag #StateofNow will be in one place. So, after our whirlwind party, we can see what exactly happened. 9Now, if only my past relationships where that way.) Check out Slide Chute now - it’s really cool!
Don’t forget to RSVP now for our party on Friday night. We have only a few tickets left.
Baroque.me (2011) by Alexander Chen. Video capture. baroque.me visualizes the first Prelude from Bach’s Cello Suites. Using the math behind string length and pitch, it came from a simple idea: what if all the notes were drawn as strings? Instead of a stream of classical notation on a page, this interactive project highlights the music’s underlying structure and subtle shifts.
Clearly Dope’s FAVORRRRIITTTEEEE THIINNNNNGGGSSS:Dancing with an iPod in Public: Christmas Edition. I’ve watched it three times and have gotten increasingly happier with each viewing. I’m going to give it a shot in Wal-Mart, probably going to get stabbed.
Today we are proud to launch The Personal Network. Practically all of us carry a camera phone, and our photos tell the stories of our lives. Starting today, we hope that Path is the place you will always feel comfortable being yourself and sharing the story of your life with your closest friends…
Opera has always been filled with drama; love, life, and loss. Many of my favorite tales are also filled with tales of horror and the supernatural. Here are a few of my favorite spookiest Halloween moments in opera–
Here in the aria “Credo in un Dio crudel” from Verdi’s Otello, we get a terrifying glimpse of Iago’s true nature.
Can Gypsies really foretell death in their cards? This fear is explored in Bizet’s love story of Carmen.
And the devil makes three-
We all know to never make a deal with the devil. Gounod’s opera Faust is all about just such a deal for eternal youth and the seduction of the young Marguerite. Who will win? The devil or innocence?
Here, Placido Domingo plays as the German and Elisabeth Söderström as the Ghost of the Countess in Tchaikovsky’s Pique Dame (The Queen of Spades) Act 3, Scene 1- The countess appears to the crazed gambler to avenge her poor granddaughter’s broken heart. Listen to Tchaikovsky’s use of haunting instruments to tell to tale of woe in her heart and fear in his drunken soul.
Suicide via Deborah Voigt from La Gioconda - Does it really need an explanation or just a box of Kleenex?
20th century opera Turn of the Screw, gives all us who went to boarding school nightmares. Here the school mistress, Miss Jessel will never find peace in death. Thus, the poor child Flora will never find peace in life, as Miss Jessel seeks “a soul to share my woe”.
We had a lot of fun putting this list together last year, so we’ve done it again for 2011! Below is a list of 20 people signed up to attend FailCon on Monday. These are people we’ve personally talked or done business with who we found especially friendly, intelligent, honest, and well-connected….
When discussing whether or not there should be apps built specifically for tablets, Android chief Andy Rubin noted that “the Twitter phone app works fine on a tablet.”
In this case, I can’t determine if “works fine” is code for “looks like shit” or “‘meh’ is good enough”. Either is absolutely the wrong attitude and perhaps speaks a bit to why Android is doing so poorly in the tablet space.
iPhone apps running on the iPad also “work fine” but I think everyone will agree that they look like shit. If the iPad only ran iPhone apps scaled-up, there’s no question in my mind that sales would be a fraction of what they are. It’s the apps that are custom tailored for the new form factor that make it magical.
While the ability of a tablet to run any app is a nice fallback, it’s more of a marketing ploy. It was a genius way to get people buying the iPad originally (“look, I have all these apps that already work!”), but Apple was quick to make sure that developers got on board with building custom iPad apps as well.
Again, those are the key. It sure doesn’t seem like Rubin gets that. Of course, he’s in a tough position since there are so many different form factors for Android. Big tablets, small tablets, mini tablets, big phones, small phones, huge ass phones. How does one custom tailor for all those sizes?
But I’m sorry, “meh” isn’t good enough. “Works fine” isn’t good enough.
With Android it’s hard to have one build that fits all of their sizes. I wonder if it matters where the developers intend the Android app to go-phone or tablet- if it makes a difference in it’s performance. I know at textPlus, we try out different end products for the builds. The product team considers “How will this look on an iPhone, iPod, iPad or Android?”
As a kid, my grandparents and parents always taught me to be strong, to never give up. Yes, sometimes they would say that I was just plain stubborn. I would always reply that I am just tenacious. But, somehow along the way, Fibromyalgia had beaten me down. It was a slow, steady beating. The type […]
In March, I hit my 10 year anniversary of my rebirth. Well, kinda a rebirth. We all divide our lives into before ___ and after ____. Before I lived in SF, after I moved to NYC, before kids, after the kids went off to school…and so on and so on. For me, it’s always been […]
This past week I have been at Content Marketing World. Traveling is already hard enough on my body. But, with all the networking, long hours, tons of work and extra energy a conference takes, your body goes through extra turmoil. It’s just a recipe for disaster — especially if you have fibro. So, how do […]
Fibromyalgia is a widely misunderstood condition that causes widespread pain and fatigue. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, you may come across some myths and misconceptions while trying to learn all you can about the condition. Here are the top 5 myths I always hear about fibro: 1. The China Doll […]
When you have been dealing with a chronic illness for a long time, it becomes a part of you. It's your version of normal. However, it's only your version, not everyone else's. And, this is never more apparent than when you are in a relationship. How do you decide if it's ok to let them go?
Life is short, so I try to make the most of it. Try new things, venture to new places, and go boldly where no sane person with Fibro would ever go– the Black Rock Desert. Call me crazy, but I really just wanted to see if my body could handle it. So, I packed up […]
My fibro is definitely better than it was 10 years ago. However, it’s at a standstill as far as improving. My wonderful doctor said that I need to exercise more- oh boy, just what I wanted to hear. Apparently, the best exercise for fibro is cardio. And here I thought simple stretching like yoga was […]
Today is like any other rainy Saturday. I’m just sitting hear playing around on the net while trying to distract myself as my fibro pain remains at bay. However, I know that any second now the pain is going to hit above a level 7. Oh boy, what fun! So what do I do but […]
Dating always reminds me of those National Geographic videos of animals butting heads with each other, demonstrating who is the stronger mate. Darwin’s theory at it’s finest. Unfortunately for those of us living with Fibro, dating is not as simple as butting heads. Fibro affects about 3-6% of the world’s population, 75-90% being women. (via […]
I’m nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody, too? Then there ’s a pair of us—don’t tell! They ’d banish us, you know. How dreary to be somebody! How public, like a frog To tell your name the livelong day To an admiring bog! ~ Emily Dickinson There is a secret I keep. I store […]
I forget that I have fibromyalgia. It is such a part of my daily life that it has become a part of me. But then, I meet people that remind me that times used to be different. When I first became really sick, my illness was me. It consumed me. My fibro owned my life, […]
You can use Twitter hashtags to find people, organizations, and research. They are a wonderful way to organize tweets, find people with similar interests, and find topics that appeal to you. You can also follow my tweets @fibroflr However, like anything, too much information of one thing can be a bad thing. Mark Twain said […]
We all have those days. You know what I’m talking about it. The days that begin at a level 4 but end at a 10. The days that you find yourself curled up in a ball, whimpering for it all to end. And it will end. That’s the thing with fibromyalgia flare ups, they comes […]
A good support network is key to facing the many challenges that can come with fibromyalgia and chronic pain. Our friends and family help, but it is always nice to talk to people who know exactly what you are going through. Today, just about everyone is on Facebook, a social networking site. Organizations now have […]
The FDA asked for the discontinuation of the sales of all painkillers containing proxyphene, mostly known under the branded names of Darvon and Darvocet, because of the potential for serious heart problems. If you are taking any painkiller that contains proxyphene, please contact your doctor to seek their advice. Please be forewarned that the drug […]
Have you ever been judged by the type of purse you are carrying? Kathy Eisman reveals just what our handbags reveal about our personality, inside and out in her book, How to Tell a Woman by Her Handbag. She suggests that the colors and styles of our handbags say more about our personality than most […]
Many chronic pain patients take extended-released medications to help regulate their pain. Similar to once a week birth control pills, extended-released pain medications give chronic pain patients a steady stream of medication without letting them worry about when to take their next dose. After all, it is always easier to manage your pain that it […]